Balman is a Certified AWS DevOps Professional and Certified Kubernetes Application Developer with 7+ years of industry experience.
- He has expertise in automation tools such as bash, Ansible, CloudFormation, Terraform & Golang.
- He is expert in managing contains in prod with ECS, K8s.
- He is skilled in designing and building CI/CD pipelines with Github Actions, CodePipeline, CodeBuild and Jenkins.
- Additionally, he has experience in provisioning and configuring Linux servers using Ansible, CloudFormation, and Bash
- He is experienced in managing and live scaling Ruby, NodeJs, Golang, Python, Java based backends.
- Finally, he is capable of setting up observability systems in place with Grafana, Prometheus, ELK, and Newrelic etc.
- DevOps 7 years
- AWS 7 years
- Linux 7 years
- Golang 2 years
- Kubernetes 1 years
- Helm 1 years
NepalBook Balman R.
Sr. DevOps Engineer
CloudFactory - 3 years 5 months
- Setting the technical documentation guideline and categorization for the team.
- Being part of the SOC2 audit and helping the company achieve it by interacting and reviewing the auditor’s request.
- Setting engineering team-wide code standards by defining various metrics like code coverage, bugs, code duplications, and security vulnerabilities and enforcing them through the CI process.
- Helping in preparing the run book on various systems or scheduled maintenance of different parts of the platform.
- Extending the functionality of CloudFormation by writing custom CloudFormation logic in AWS lambda functions using AWS SDK Golang.
- Conduct various engineering-wide sessions to educate/collaborate about various DevOps/shared initiatives
- Preparing technical OKRs for upcoming quarters, breaking them down, prioritizing, and delegating to team members.
- Designing and developing proper multi-stage CI/CD flow that implements various deployment strategies like canary deployment, rolling deployment, and blue-green deployment.
- Managing full observability of applications (logs, traces, metrics) and infrastructure metrics by using tools like NewRelic, Prometheus, Grafana, ELK stack, PagerDuty, and Honey-badger.
- Managing Cloud security posture by cloud using various network security measures like Dome9, AWS WAF, AWS Shield, VPC, NACLs, Subnets, VPC endpoints, IAM policy, roles, and Security Groups.
- AWS Lambda
- AWS VPC
- AWS ECR
- AWS SQS
CloudFactory - 1 year 10 months
- Executing various maintenance and upgrade tasks by preparing playbooks.
- Designing and developing data pipeline solutions with tools like Prefect, dbt, AWS Glue, Kinesis stream, Athena, and Firehose.
- Running VPC migration of the production systems in AWS Cloud.
- Administrating Linux Servers and databases like MySQL, Postgres, DynamoDB, MongoDB, Redis, Memcached, DocumentDB, and ElasticSearch.
- Automating things with bash scripts, Ansible Playbooks, and IAC technologies like CloudFormation, and Terraform.
- Creating developer helper tooling solutions to ease the local development
- Running the services with minimal privileges using IAM best practices and providing sound isolation by using multi-account strategies.
- Working with microservices, docker containers, and orchestrating platforms like ECS.
- AWS Beanstalk
Thorang Solutions Pvt Ltd - 1 year
I had the exciting opportunity to co-found a software company called Thorangs Pvt. Ltd. with three close friends. While Thorangs wasn't a runaway success, it was an incredible learning experience that brought us closer as friends.
- Motivating, maintaining team spirit, and creating a positive working atmosphere inside the company
- Gathering and validating project requirements with various clients Preparing sales pitches, slides, and documentation to attract potential customers
- Keeping stakeholders informed throughout the project lifecycle
- Planning, prioritizing, and delegating tasks within the team
- Ensuring successful project delivery within the set timelines
- Collaborating effectively with team members to achieve project objectives
- Team leading
Himalaya College Of Enginneering · 2011 - 2015
Find your next developer within days, not months
We can help you deliver your product faster with an experienced remote developer. All from €31,90/hour. Only pay if you’re happy with your first week.
In a short 25-minute call, we would like to:
- Understand your development needs
- Explain our process to match you with qualified, vetted developers from our network
- Share next steps to finding the right match, often within less than a week
First developer starts within days. No aggressive sales pitch.