Senior Fullstack Engineer
Oluwafikayo is a Senior Fullstack (BE-Heavy) Engineer who has been professionally building Web APIs and Applications for over eight years with expertise in creating lean and scalable microservices and applications on which your company/client's infrastructure can perform.
His interests and experience spans blockchain technology, cryptocurrency, artificial intelligence, design methods, containerization, serverless Microservices, Fintech, and Social Commerce.
He holds a Master's Degree focused on Software Engineering & Machine Learning.
- Node.js 8 years
- React.js 5 years
- TypeScript 5 years
- MySQL 3 years
- Golang 1 years
- Ruby on Rails 1 years
NigeriaBook Oluwafikayo S.
Senior Fullstack Engineer
Exqu - 2 years 3 months
Working in social commerce, building systems that allow ordering automation via social media chat channels, implementing concepts like omnichannel inventory polling and status management, payment processing, and logistics integrations across different markets.
- Designing and implementing real-time data synchronization using Kafka, significantly enhancing system efficiency and ensuring up-to-date information across all components.
- Successfully integrated logistics services with various vendors, including Yallow, Careem, OTO Logistics, Barq Fleet, Torod, 4ULogistics, etc., improved company operations and streamlined logistics management.
- Collaborating on point-of-sale systems integration for polling and maintaining merchant inventories from multiple sources in the Middle Eastern Market, such as Foodics and Deliverect, simplifying inventory management and enabling efficient order fulfillment.
- Developing event-based microservices for PayFort, checkout.com, and tap-in integrations, optimizing the customer experience by facilitating smooth payment processes and seamless integration with external payment gateways.
- Streamlining order and logistics integrations, establishing seamless communication between departments, enhancing operational efficiency, and reducing potential errors or delays in order processing and fulfillment.
- Implementing an efficient asynchronous event notification service, reducing system downtime and increasing productivity by providing timely notifications and alerts to relevant stakeholders, ensuring prompt action and issue resolution.
Head of Backend Engineering
eTranzact Global Limited - 2 years 6 months
He has extensive experience in developing financial technology platforms and systems for African countries and a UK bank.
Notable projects worked on:
- Developed a global switch for instant transfers and payments between countries and currencies, processing over 12 million transactions monthly. This platform enhances global financial connectivity.
- Created a VAT tracking and collection platform, remitting millions of dollars in revenue to governments. It ensures efficient and accurate VAT collection, contributing to fiscal stability.
- Performed web3 integrations to allow bill payments and airtime topup with bitcoin, ethereum and litecoin
- Implemented a robust fraud detection and anti-money laundering system for financial regulators. It identifies and prevents fraudulent activities, strengthening the integrity of the financial ecosystem.
- Built a loan system with automatic repayment capabilities, streamlining the lending process and ensuring timely repayments, benefiting lenders and borrowers.
- Designed scalable application back-end architectures using Docker and Kubernetes, optimizing performance and scalability.
- Developed secure wallet systems for feeless and instant transfers, prioritizing user security and promoting financial inclusivity.
- Connected Rwanda's national payment switch to a larger African switch, fostering financial integration and collaboration across borders.
- Created a multiparty dynamic linking service for secure funds transfers between multiple parties.
- Integrated with user verification and tax collection services such as IProov, TruNarrative, Jumio, and Lexis-Nexis, streamlining processes and reducing administrative burdens.
- Google Cloud
Startupia LLC - 2 years 10 months
Worked primarily as a Consultant remote to various startup teams as a Fullstack Engineer. His roles especially involved working on web3 payments and settlements and also worked on writing smart contracts for a decentralized autonomous network.
- Worked on a peer-to-peer cryptocurrency exchange service with bidding and in-app escrow services for a more secure and transparent p2p funds exchange.
- Integrated multiple Mainnets and wallet systems BTC, EOS, ERC20, and TRC10 to the p2p exchange using Infura, bitcoin.io, blockchain.com, and the Tron network to power crypto inflows and outflows.
- Developed an off-chain wallet system to allow instant and feeless money transfers between our app users, improving app usability and customer satisfaction.
- Built logic and supported successful coin disbursements through Airdrops and ICOs
- Created a decentralized application on the EOS Mainnet using C++. Wrote intelligent contracts that got compiled down to WASM for on-chain operations.
- Created Ethereum smart contracts using Solidity with light footprints, ensuring prudent use of resources.
- Wrote delegated proof of stake (DPOS) protocols in smart contract functions for token creation, transfers, vesting, voting, and reward pool allocation.
- Demonstrated effective communication and collaboration skills within multidisciplinary teams, contributing to a cohesive work environment.
- Trained and mentored other developers.
MSc.Software Engineering & Machine Learning
University of Ibadan · 2017 - 2019
University of Ibadan · 2012 - 2015
Find your next developer within days, not months
We can help you deliver your product faster with an experienced remote developer. All from €31,90/hour. Only pay if you’re happy with your first week.
In a short 25-minute call, we would like to:
- Understand your development needs
- Explain our process to match you with qualified, vetted developers from our network
- Share next steps to finding the right match, often within less than a week
First developer starts within days. No aggressive sales pitch.