Allan Vasquez V.
Allan is a backend developer with 15 years of experience.
In his work for Sephora, he worked on several backend applications, utilizing technologies such as Lumen, MySQL, and Shell Script. He created Restful endpoints with JSON requests and responses, adding new functionality to an internal Laravel site.
In addition to fixing bugs and optimizing legacy code, he also created Jenkins jobs for automatic deployments. He also created the initial stage of the Stateside website backend, utilizing Node.js, Strapi, and MongoDB. Furthermore, he created a local content server for Sephora stores, providing a faster and more efficient way for employees to access catalogue and image files.
- Ajax 10 years
- Bash 5 years
- Bitbucket 5 years
- AWS 3 years
- Azure 2 years
- Docker 2 years
Allan Vasquez V.
Costa RicaBook Allan Vasquez V.
Senior Backend Developer
Stateside Co. - 3 years 3 months
- Created a local content server for the physical Sephora stores.
- Worked on Sephora’s multiple backend applications using Lumen, MySQL, and Shell Script.
- Created several Restful endpoints with JSON requests/responses in Lumen.
- Added new functionality to an internal Laravel site used by Sephora developers doing both the backend and frontend work.
- Fixed bugs on several applications.
- Helped optimize and augment legacy code.
- Created a few Jenkins jobs for Sephora’s automatic deployments.
- Created the initial stage for the Stateside website backend using Node.js, Strapi, and MongoDB.
- Participated in the planning and design face of the Provivi website.
- REST API
Senior Web Developer
Stateside Co. - 1 year 10 months
- Configured and set up several servers (some from scratch) in different hosting systems.
- Tech lead for a charity project aimed at helping abused children in Haiti. Designed the project (architecture and DB), creating design documents later used by the developing team. Created the site using Laravel. Configured the local server from scratch and deployed the site.
- Helped upgrade Infiniti’s (Nissan, USA) internal facility reporting system using Laravel. Mainly fixed existing bugs and added a couple of new features.
- Did a major upgrade to Latitudeelevates’ existing site. Added new modules and sections. Improved the backend, added security, and optimized the site.
Freelance Web Development - 16 years
- Implemented several web services for Sasol South Africa using PHP, JSON, and MySQL.
- Coded five different backends and some frontends from scratch utilizing Ajax navigation, PHP, and HTML, including a website for Samsung South Africa.
- Designed and implemented databases where needed using MySQL.
- Configured and deployed several websites using WordPress.
- Provided end-user training and customer support when needed.
- Configured and deployed all websites and databases.
- REST API
BSc.Computer and Information Sciences
University of Costa Rica · 2002 - 2011
Find your next developer within days, not months
We can help you deliver your product faster with an experienced remote developer. All from €31.90/hour. Only pay if you’re happy with your first week.
In a short 25-minute call, we would like to:
- Understand your development needs
- Explain our process to match you with qualified, vetted developers from our network
- Share next steps to finding the right match, often within less than a week
First developer starts within days. No aggressive sales pitch.