Cloud Engineer with focus on AWS-stack
Talented software engineer with 3+ years of commercial experience in cloud architecture and 6+ years of experience in back-end engineering.
Christopher is a talented software engineer with more than three years of commercial experience in cloud architecture and six years of experience in back-end engineering, including developing serverless microservices, managing relational database systems, and designing and deploying scalable, low-latency, and high-throughput applications.
His interest is in Python, AWS SQS, AWS S3, Cloud Architecture, CI/CD Pipelines, and building a healthy environment.
Apart from that, he is a proud team player focused on achieving engagement objectives with speed and accuracy. He is a successful team leader and complex problem-solver skilled in reviewing, fixing, and improving code to maximize product performance and usability.
- Python 6 years
- AWS S3 4 years
- AWS SQS 3 years
- MySQL 6 years
- Shell 6 years
- Flask 6 years
34.90 € hourly
GreeceBook Christopher B.
Net2Grid - 2 years 6 months
- Managed and maintained the company’s AWS infrastructure, including VPCs, IAM, ELB with Auto Scaling Groups (ASG), SQS, Kinesis, Lambda, API Gateway, S3, ECS, Fargate, SNS, CloudFront, RDS, and DynamoDB using Troposphere and Terraform.
- Re-designed pipelines for data ingestion, transformation, and storage, resulting in more than 40% cost reduction, increasing scalability, and at least 99% availability of several platforms with more than 60,000 active IoT devices (system throughput > 3MB/s, API requests per second ~ 100,000).
- Improved product quality by increasing test coverage by more than 50%, introducing new frameworks and tools (FastAPI, dependency-injector), and participating in the refinement of documentation procedures.
- Refactored core services to support the Oauth 2.0 protocol (Authorization Code Grant) using AWS Cognito.
- Managed time-critical engagements that enabled the successful enrollment of 3 of the biggest energy suppliers in the EU.
- On-boarded new team members.
- Involved in an Agile (Scrum) environment with technical documentation, code reviews, and ticket creation.
- AWS SQS
- AWS S3
- AWS VPC
- Doctrine ORM
Research & Informatics Corps, Hellenic Army - 9 months
- Participated in an Agile (Kanban) team of 5 engineers to maintain several microservices used as the back-end of an in-house operations management system during mandatory military service.
- Developed Flask microservice for collecting several metrics (network traffic, USB connections, file events, etc.) from private network computers and storing them in a MongoDB cluster.
- Implemented ETL pipeline with Apache Spark for processing of the above metrics by various ML models.
- Improved containerization of services and automation tools, resulting in at least a 30% reduction in development time.
Freelance - 3 years 4 months
- Participated in a team of 7 engineers for implementing, deploying, and maintaining an Electronic Patient Record used by multiple private healthcare organizations.
- Developed microservice for secure data storage using Django-REST, AWS Boto, S3, DynamoDB, and RDS.
- Developed auto-scaling and backup solutions using AWS Cloudwatch, ELB, and ASG, ensuring more than 90% availability.
- Maintained microservices built with Django-REST, PostgreSQL, and user interface built with React and Redux.
- Involved in an Agile (Scrum) environment with code reviews and ticket creation.
- AWS S3
MSc.Electrical And Computer Engineering
Aristotle University of Thessaloniki · 2013 - 2019
Find your next developer within days, not months
We can help you deliver your product faster with an experienced remote developer. All from 32.90 €/hour. Only pay if you’re happy with your first week.
In a short 25-minute call, we would like to:
- Understand your development needs
- Explain our process to match you with qualified, vetted developers from our network
- Share next steps to finding the right match, often within less than a week
First developer starts within days. No aggressive sales pitch.